Even better you can also participate by asking questions for the expert to answer for you.
Click for a full listing of future Beekeeping Hangouts
You can watch live through their website www.bee-craft.com/hangout and can email or tweet questions.
A Bee Craft Hangout about Nosema and Chronic Bee Paralysis Virus, we were joined by Julian Routh of the BBKA and Seasonal Bee Inspector, to talk about the BBKA Bee Health Month. We were also joined by Seb Owen of Vita Europe
The BBKA is running this yearly initiative to encourage beekeepers to think disease first. At this time of the year it is very easy to focus on matters of swarming and miss vital signs of disease. This is why Bee Craft and the BBKA are raising awareness of the Bee Health month.
* What is the BBKA Bee Health Month
* The difference between Nosema Apis and Nosema Ceranae
* Techniques to test for each form of Nosema yourself
* Discussions of tests involved in testing for Nosema (also covered in Bob Maurer’s book – Practical Microscopy)
* Discussion on the Isle of Wight disease and why it was thought to be Chronic Bee Paralysis Virus
* What is Chronic Bee Paralysis Virus and how can you spot it
The video is nearly an hour long but worth watching all the way through.
The articles referenced can be found at the relevant links:
NBU Nosema pictures http://www.nationalbeeunit.com/gallery/index.cfm?galleryid=29
NBU pictures of Chronic Bee Paralysis pictures http://www.nationalbeeunit.com/gallery/index.cfm?galleryid=28
All NBU booklets and information sheets http://www.nationalbeeunit.com/index.cfm?pageid=167
February 2015: Beekeeping Questions
December 2014: Hive Products
November 2013: The Start of the Beekeeping Season
You can find all of the BeeCraft Hangouts HERE